Monday, February 27, 2006

Learning a new programming language

I'm learning to program in Laszlo, and I think it's the hardest thing I've had to work with since I went from procedural to OO programming. Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm in the first gruesome stages of learning, where I'm seeing everything from an old frame which just doesn't apply to the new language.

I started last Sunday, dove right in and began developing by following some of the demo code that comes with the download. I'm not going about it in an orderly way - read all the documentation, follow the tutorials - because there's really no time for that. I develop, and then hunt through the documentation or demo code when I come to a roadblock. On the one hand, it offends my sense of aesthetics and order to develop this way. On the other hand, it's nice to see the results of my efforts turn into a real application in just a few short days.

I've got loads of questions, which I've been tracking. It's often difficult to find an answer immediately. I'll post these items along with any answers I've found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home